Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > Remote Administration CF Rule Editor Add Line no work

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

Remote Administration CF Rule Editor Add Line no work

[Villanueva, Chris]
Chris Villanuev…

Chris Villanueva - 07:05pm, Jun 2 2015

Using...
- MDaemon v14.5.2
- Google Chrome 44.0.2403.18 beta-m (it says Google Chrome is up to date)

In the Text field, I can delete text but can't type text.
The File field is fine. I can type and delete text.

See attachment.

Attachments:

greenshot_2015-06-02_13-53-42.png (21 KB)

  (older msg: 1)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Chris Villanueva - Jun 3, 2015 2:22 pm (#2 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
Chris Villanuev…

Pick desired rule.

Pick Edit. The Content Filter Rule Editor window opens.

My rule has an existing "and add line to text file". I pick the adjacent link to edit it. This opens the Add Line window.

I think the string length is the cause. An existing long string value can be cut. But, pasting it back truncates it at the 128th char. Here's one:
CF flagged word: 'Dr.Oz' $HEADER:X-MDRemoteIP$ # $SUBJECT$ # $DATESTAMP$ # $SENDER$ # $SENDERMAILBOX$ # $SENDERDOMAIN$ # $CURRENTTIME$

FWIW, no problem when editing in the MDaemon GUI itself. Possibly a browser issue?

Ian Carter (apparently) - Jun 3, 2015 3:01 pm (#3 Total: 3)

Ian Carter
[md-cfilter] Remote Administration CF Rule Editor Add Line no work

Thanks for the steps.  I wanted to verify the steps before blaming the browser.

Which browser are you using for these tests?

If you try another browser or another machine do you notice the issue?

--
Ian Carter

Sent using Alt-N's own MDaemon Messaging Server
Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

Pick Edit. The Content Filter Rule Editor window opens.

My rule has an existing "and add line to text file". I pick the adjacent link to edit it. This opens the Add Line window.

I think the string length is the cause. An existing long string value can be cut. But, pasting it back truncates it at the 128th char. Here's one:
CF flagged word: 'Dr.Oz' $HEADER:X-MDRemoteIP$ # $SUBJECT$ # $DATESTAMP$ # $SENDER$ # $SENDERMAILBOX$ # $SENDERDOMAIN$ # $CURRENTTIME$

FWIW, no problem when editing in the MDaemon GUI itself. Possibly a browser issue?

View/reply at Remote Administration CF Rule Editor Add Line no work
This list is for questions and discussions about MDAEMON's Content
Filter. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-cfilter-unsubscribe@altn.com .