Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Smart Host based on destination domains?

Smart Host based on destination domains?

[Gaudreau, Jean]
Jean Gaudreau

Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
Jean Gaudreau - 11:31am, Feb 17 2015

Is it possible to setup mDaemon to use a smart host based on destination domain?

example: all email sent to user@microsoft.com must go through xyz.isp-smtp.com

otherwise, send them directly ?

In postfix I used Transport Mapping for 3 specific domains that would not let me deliver email directly, I had to go through my ISP smtp server.

Jean

  (older msg: 4)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

luca pietrini - Oct 21, 2016 1:23 pm (#5 Total: 7)

Photo of Author
luca pietrini
If you have a very short list of domains, you might try using gateways
instead, gateways are moderately more flexible in terms of their
delivery capabilities.
how it is configured with gateway?
Thanks

luca pietrini - Oct 22, 2016 5:16 am (#6 Total: 7)

Photo of Author
luca pietrini
Dave Warren can help me?

leigh.cain@altn.com (apparently) - Oct 21, 2016 3:12 pm (#7 Total: 7)

via email - Technical Support

Photo of Author
leigh.cain@altn…

SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
Hello Luca,

This possibly will work for you if you have a small number of domains that you need to bypass the smart host for, I am sorry I didn't think of this for you in your thread in the MD-Configuration group.

To set up a Gateway, you click on Setup | Gateway Manager, and click the "New gateway" button. Name it the same name as the domain you want to send to and click OK.

Then expand the new gateway in the list on the left, and click on Forwarding. Select "Forward mail to this domain", and enter the domain there. The Help file topic for this option says:

Forward mail to this domain
Sometimes it is advantageous to simply forward a copy of all messages for a domain as they arrive. If you wish to configure MDaemon to do this, enter the name or IP address of the domain to which copies of incoming mail for this domain should be sent. If you wish to forward the messages to a specific host then place the value in brackets (for example, [host1.example.net]).
I would recommend using the host name rather than an IP, which you might have to change sometimes to maintain. I tested this with gmail.com and it did work for me to bypass a smarthost setting. Keep in mind that it can be difficult to maintain for multiple domains. So my previous post to you regarding that it might be good to resolve the problem of the smart host not working for that domain or domains still applies.

Let me know if you have any questions.

--
Leigh Cain
Quality Assurance Analyst

Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

If you have a very short list of domains, you might try using gateways
instead, gateways are moderately more flexible in terms of their
delivery capabilities.
how it is configured with gateway?
Thanks

View/reply at Smart Host based on destination domains?
discuss-unsubscribe@altn.com .