Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Duplicate contacts

Duplicate contacts

[Gaudreau, Jean]
Jean Gaudreau

Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
Jean Gaudreau - 04:51pm, Feb 12 2015

I added some mailbox in the server like this first
firstname.lastname

After 2-3 accounts, I changed my mind and changed the accounts like this:
firstname and first letter of last name

When I go in the Worldclient, I see duplicates contact for the 2-3 accounts that I entered, the others are fine.

How to remove duplicate contacts?

Thanks
Jean

Jean Gaudreau - Feb 17, 2015 8:44 am (#1 Total: 3)

Photo of Author
Jean Gaudreau

Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
Never mind, I deleted the accounts that were showing twice in the public address book and recreated them and it works now.

leigh.cain@altn.com (apparently) - Feb 13, 2015 10:16 am (#2 Total: 3)

via email - Technical Support

Photo of Author
leigh.cain@altn…

SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
[discuss] Duplicate contacts

Hello Jean,

There are a couple of ways you can accomplish this.

1. You can give permission for your account to be able to edit the Public Contacts folder, and then delete the contacts through WorldClient. You can edit the permissions from the MDaemon console by going to Setup | Public Folder Manager, and select the Contacts folder under the domain. Click on Edit ACLs and add your account to the permissions with Delete as one of the rights.

2. You can rebuild the Public Contacts folder from the MDaemon console by clicking Accounts | Exporting | "Export accounts and list names to public address book..." Use this only if you have not added custom entries to the Public Contacts folder, as this completely replaces/rebuilds the folder from the existing accounts on the server.

I hope that is helpful, let me know if you have any further question.

Thank you!
--
Leigh Cain
Quality Assurance Analyst

Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

I added some mailbox in the server like this first
firstname.lastname

After 2-3 accounts, I changed my mind and changed the accounts like this:
firstname and first letter of last name

When I go in the Worldclient, I see duplicates contact for the 2-3 accounts that I entered, the others are fine.

How to remove duplicate contacts?

Thanks
Jean

View/reply at Duplicate contacts
discuss-unsubscribe@altn.com .

leigh.cain@altn.com (apparently) - Feb 20, 2015 8:11 am (#3 Total: 3)

via email - Technical Support

Photo of Author
leigh.cain@altn…

SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
[discuss] Duplicate contacts

I am glad you were able to resolve the problem to your satisfaction.

If we can help you with any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.