Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Email Signature

Email Signature

[Groth, Barbara]
Barbara Groth
Barbara Groth - 06:13pm, Jan 13 2015

I'm struggling with email signatures. We would like each person at our company to have an identically formatted email signature. The signature contains our logo, as well has html formatted text. So, I need an HTML formatted signature. Our users use Worldclient, Outlook, & their mobile phones. There does not appear to be a way to apply a universal signature to emails.

1) If they create a signature in Worldclient, it does not apply to outlook or their mobile phone.
2) If they create a signature on their account using WebAdmin / Remote Administration, they cannot use HTML.
3) We want their job title and phone number in the subject line, so we cannot apply a signature using a content filter rule.

We need a unique signature per email address that applies from any client. Does anyone have any thoughts?

  (older msg: 6)All MessagesOldest ItemsOlder ItemsNewer ItemsNewest Items

Mohd Zulkarnain Mohamed - Jan 5, 2017 1:29 am (#7 Total: 8)

Photo of Author
Mohd Zulkarnain…
Hi,
Thanks for your comment.

That's not what I mean for the signature. Below for the example:
(This is the email content)
We will get there.. No worries

(There is no signature place here, its on the bottom)

From: Darren O’Leary (user@email.com)
Date: Thursday, 5 January 2017 at 12:11 PM
To: 'MOHD ZULKARNAIN' (user@email.com, 'Zainun Yusof' (zainun.yusof@email.com
Subject: FW: T20170105.0013 - Cannot Access ShareFile

Slowly getting sorted…no one in the office though.

Best Regards,

ZAINUN BINTI YUSOF
Executive Director

Company name Sdn Bhd
D3-U6-15, Block D,
Solaris, No.1, Jalan Dutamas 1,
50480 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-xxxx xx28 Fax: +603-xxxx xx2829
HP: +6012-xxx 33xx
Email: user@email.my

COMPANY LOGO
www.company.my

Disclaimer:
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

I keep on getting complain from user on how to place the signature after the message not on bottom part of every email.. For temporary solutions, I have ask them to exclude the original message when reply email and include as attached email if they want to forward it.

Please advise on this.

Thanks.

leigh.cain@altn.com (apparently) - Jan 6, 2017 9:25 am (#8 Total: 8)

via email - Technical Support

Photo of Author
leigh.cain@altn…

SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
If I understand correctly now, the problem is that your users are replying at the top of a message thread, like we are in this list, and the signatures are added at the very bottom.

There's not a way with the server side domain and user signatures to place it directly after the new reply text - the server can't "read" the message and know where the new message ends and the copy of the old messages begins like a human can.

What I would recommend is using a client side signature instead to control that - insert the signature with Outlook, Thunderbird, WorldClient, or whatever mail client your users are using.

--
Leigh Cain
Quality Assurance Analyst

Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

From: Darren O’Leary (user@email.com)
Date: Thursday, 5 January 2017 at 12:11 PM
To: 'MOHD ZULKARNAIN' (user@email.com, 'Zainun Yusof' (zainun.yusof@email.com

[...]

View/reply at Email Signature