Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > rules for non-existing accounts

rules for non-existing accounts

[Ballout, Houssam]
Houssam Ballout
Houssam Ballout - 02:42am, Jan 12 2015

Hello,
I had this issue if you can help me with this:
lets suppose I had this domain xxxx.com, on the host I had only this email info@xxxx.com and web@xxxx.com but on my MDaemon I had created other accounts
If I go to MDaemon & I had send an email to houssam@xxxx.com it should go to the catch all account , and same if I send to houssam222@xxxx.com it will goes to the catch all account, my question is that, can I had rules in my MDaemon that make rules that can accepts email being sent to houssam@xxxx.com & houssam222@xxxx.com and forward it to the corresponding email clients?
Thanks

Jay Tolbert - Jan 12, 2015 8:54 am (#1 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

You could set up aliases for the houssam@ and houssam222@ addresses that
point to the real account that should get the mail. Then MDaemon will
deliver the mail their instead of the check all because the address now
exists for delivery purposes. If it is a non-MDaemon hosted account,
you will need to check the box under Accounts -> Account Options,
Aliases -> Options so "It's OK to relay mail for aliases that include
foreign domains". Foreign domains are those not hosted by your MDaemon
so in your example below any domain other than xxxx.com would be a
foreign domain.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.

On 1/12/2015 1:42 AM, Houssam Ballout wrote:
> Hello,
> I had this issue if you can help me with this:
> lets suppose I had this domain xxxx.com, on the host I had only this
> email info@xxxx.com and web@xxxx.com but on my MDaemon I had created
> other accounts
> If I go to MDaemon & I had send an email to houssam@xxxx.com it should
> go to the catch all account , and same if I send to
> houssam222@xxxx.com it will goes to the catch all account, my question
> is that, can I had rules in my MDaemon that make rules that can
> accepts email being sent to houssam@xxxx.com & houssam222@xxxx.com and
> forward it to the corresponding email clients?
> Thanks

Jay Tolbert - Jan 12, 2015 9:04 am (#2 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

Hit send too fast. Try this version.

You could set up aliases for the houssam@ and houssam222@ addresses that
point to the real account that should get the mail. Then MDaemon will
deliver the mail there instead of the catch all because the address now