Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > ACL cleanup routine each night and log files

ACL cleanup routine each night and log files

I'm getting a file named AclShlFx-YYYYMMDD.log every night at midnight. Is
there anything in these log files that I should be on the lookout for? Is
there any reason to keep these log files?

I have my other log files configured to be named by the day of the week, so
they automatically delete week-old files. Can the ACL cleanup log files be
made to follow the configured file naming method?

Thanks,
-Shay

Tyler Davis - Jan 5, 2015 4:50 pm (#1 Total: 2)

Alt-N Technical Support

Photo of Author
Tyler Davis
Novice
Novice

SecurityGateway
Outlook Connector
SecurityPlus
ProtectionPlus
WebAdmin
Hello Shay,

The log your seeing is the result of a implementation in 14.5.0 to clean-up old/unused ACL entries in user accounts. If you're having issues with the process, then we'd review this particular log.

If you have the option in MDaemon to delete logs after 7 days, then the AclShlFx log file for the 8th day will be deleted when the maintenance process runs.

Also, only logs the process emails will have the DATE-MailProcess.log naming structure that you have configured. HTTP, WDaemon, WorldClient, ActiveSync, AccountPrune, and AclSclFx are server processes that add the YYYMMDD.log at the end of the process.

I hope this information helps. Let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

--
Tyler Davis
Alt-N Technologies, Ltd.

Shay Walters - Jan 12, 2015 2:03 pm (#2 Total: 2)

Photo of Author
Shay Walters
Frequent
Frequent
My concern is that it doesn't seem to be doing anything since it keeps repeating the same folders in the list every night.  I'm not seeing any error messages, just a long (4000+ lines) list of folder names, which is quite tedious to scan through looking for some error message.  Perhaps it would be more useful if it only listed entries that there are problems with.

Thanks for the reminder about archiving old logs.  Since I had all my usual logs getting named by day-of-week, I hadn't had the need to use the archiving option.

-Shay