Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Content Filter > Delete Email with Retricted Extensions

 [F] Alt-N Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Discussion Groups  / MDaemon Content Filter  /

Delete Email with Retricted Extensions

[tearz, lake]
lake tearz
lake tearz - 08:02pm, Dec 9 2014

Hello everyone,

My Mail Server got some trouble lately. Someone send us mass of email like

"Subject: Hey my new photo "

or

"Please check the Attachment"

with a exe file in the zip. It's not mark as virus. The email, the subject and the contents change daily so I can't make rules for this. Only the attachments is removed. I want to remove the rest of the message. So what should i do?

p/s: English is not my first language and I know it's hard to read, sry about that.

Ian Carter (apparently) - Dec 12, 2014 8:29 am (#1 Total: 1)

Ian Carter
[md-cfilter] Delete Email with Retricted Extensions

If I understand correctly, you should be able to configure MDaemon to quarantine the entire message.

In MDaemon under Security | AntiVirus | Check the radio button for '...quarantine the entire message to...', then apply the setting.

Is this what you're looking for?  If not, please provide me with some more details and I'll be happy to help further.

--
Ian Carter

Sent using Alt-N's own MDaemon Messaging Server
Now available with BYOD Mobile Device Management,

Get to know the Alt-N family by liking us on Facebook!

My Mail Server got some trouble lately. Someone send us mass of email like

or

"Please check the Attachment"

with a exe file in the zip. It's not mark as virus. The email, the subject and the contents change daily so I can't make rules for this. Only the attachments is removed. I want to remove the rest of the message. So what should i do?

p/s: English is not my first language and I know it's hard to read, sry about that.

View/reply at Delete Email with Retricted Extensions
This list is for questions and discussions about MDAEMON's Content
Filter. To unsubscribe from this mailing list send an email to
md-cfilter-unsubscribe@altn.com .