Logout

Alt-N Discussion Groups > Discussions > Multiple ISP issue

Multiple ISP issue

[Lee, Alex]
Alex Lee
Alex Lee - 11:47pm, Sep 13 2014

Recently, i added an extra ISP to my setup,
the domain name is configured in round robin.

Example of A record:
mail.xxx.net ) ISP A
mail.xxx.net ) ISP B

but my clients frequently being logged out.

if changed to 2 domain, everything works fine

Example of A record:
mail.xxx.net ) ISP A
mail2.xxx.net ) ISP B

Any suggestion to provide some redundancy.

Thanks

Jay Tolbert - Sep 14, 2014 5:24 pm (#1 Total: 1)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

I assume by the "logged out" you mean WC sessions.

I could be that the TTL on the DNS record is too short and the hosts are
renewing it and getting the other IP.

Either increase the TTL or turn off Setup -> Web and IM Services, Web
Server "Require IP persistence throughout WorldClient session" Turning
this off will make it somewhat easier to hijack a session.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.