Click Here to Join the Alt-N user community!

Alt-N Discussion Groups > MDaemon Discussion Groups > MDaemon Support > Archive > Exempt User from ALL_USERS:<domain>

Exempt User from ALL_USERS:<domain>

[Kaune, Udo]
Udo Kaune
Udo Kaune - 06:51am, Apr 18 2013

Hi,

How would I exempt a user from being included in the ALL_USERS:<domain> macro as a normal user (read-only would be ok)? Can I edit the .grp file like so

ALL_USERS:doma.com
^user@doma.com

to avoid automated answers from user@doma.com posted back to the list?

Best regards

Jay Tolbert - Apr 18, 2013 10:09 am (#1 Total: 1)

Photo of Author
Jay Tolbert

You can set the account as private under the account options. From the
help file:

Account is private

for each domain, which can be used to send a message to everyone at
once. By default MDaemon will include all accounts when it constructs
this list. Check this box if you wish to exclude this account from that
list. This will also hide the account from shared calendars and VRFY
results. The account's address book entry will not be hidden, however,
from a global address book lookup performed on a BlackBerry device that
is activated on your MDaemon's BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Jay Tolbert
Dickerson Engineering, Inc.